We started making this drink, which we creatively named 'Cucumber Drink', and it soon became our favorite way to use cucumbers.
I love it because it takes me about 2 minutes to whip up. And because it has lemon juice in it, it is like a refreshing lemonade! This drink tastes best when the cucumbers are picked when they are small and not bitter.
Cucumber Drink (makes 6 cups)
- 3 small cucumbers, ends chopped off (roughly 0.5 lb)
- 5 cups cold filtered water
- Lemon juice to taste (I add about 2 tbsp)
- Sugar or Honey to taste (I add about 1 tbsp)
- Thinly sliced cucumbers as garnish (optional)
Directions: Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend on high until smooth. Serve over ice, and garnish with cucumber slices (if using).
Note: We have a Vitamix blender which is able to blend even the skin to a smooth consistency. If you aren't sure if your blender can do this, you can just peel the cucumbers before adding them to your blender!
Do you have any creative uses for cucumbers? I'd love to hear!
For more fun posts, check out the Monday Homestead Barn Hop!